James Pearce Jr. will miss the first eight games of the 2026 NFL season after the league suspended the Atlanta Falcons defensive end without pay on August 14 over his February 7 dispute involving WNBA player Rickea Jackson. The ban begins August 30, but Pearce can participate in Atlanta’s preseason program and is eligible to return November 2. The case stems from an alleged confrontation in Florida after Pearce and Jackson’s relationship ended. Police alleged that Pearce drove his Lamborghini SUV into Jackson’s vehicle as she headed toward the Doral City Police Department, then left the scene after crashing his own vehicle and running from officers. What Happens Next for James Pearce Jr.? Pearce initially faced felony aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, fleeing police, resisting arrest, and misdemeanor stalking charges. The aggravated battery count was later dismissed for insufficient evidence, and Pearce agreed to complete a six month intervention program; prosecutors said the remaining charges will be dropped if he finishes it. Jackson sought a restraining order days after the incident and wrote that she feared, “James will kill me.” Jackson later approved Pearce’s intervention arrangement and had previously said she was prepared to testify. Prosecutors described the incident as connected to an apparent mental health crisis, while Pearce’s attorney said the NFL player is addressing his mental health. Pearce is entering his second Falcons season after recording 10.5 sacks as a rookie.